Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#3


It has been a somber day. The transit company has officially given up all hope of saving the street cars and have finally begun the transition from streetcars to buses. All motormen have been offered positions as bus drivers, but I have no interest in support this company that has abandoned me. Cal is getting close to graduation and I hope that he successfully finishes high school. More importantly, I hope that he goes onto college. I was never able to finish any post secondary education, thus it makes Cals success even more important to me. I am jealous of everything that he has achieved in his life and at the same time I am proud. I wish that I could have done all of the activities that he does when I was his age, but that time has come and gone many times over.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Gant I sure am sorry about your job, I hope you can find something to do that you love just as much as the streetcars. And you don't have to worry about Cal, he's a great guy and would never do anything wrong, I'm sure he'll graduate fine and get a great job!

    ReplyDelete